- Our online services are not intended for children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 without parental consent.
- If you are a member, we will use and share any information that we collect from or about you in accordance with our privacy notice, which offers you certain choices with respect to the use and sharing of your personal information.
The security protection and the private information of every member is taken very seriously. LOM implements various security measures to ensure all member information is safe, such as:
- We perform regular operating system patches on our servers. This ensures secure servers and avoids vulnerabilities.
- We use SSL (Secure Sockets Layer), which is a global standard security technology that enables encrypted communication between a web browser and the server.
- All our online sites use secured protocol, HTTPS, for any communication. This ensures that all traffic and information is secured to avoid and vulnerabilities.
Information we collect
- Personal Information – When you visit or use our online services, we may collect personal information from or about you such as your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number(s), limited location information (for example, a zip code), username and password. We may also collect payment card information; you may provide such information while using our online services where we believe it is reasonably required for ordinary business purposes.
Use of Information
We use the information discussed above in a number of ways, such as:
- Processing applications and transactions;
- Verifying your identity (such as when you access your account information);
- Preventing fraud and enhancing the security of your account or our online services;
- Responding to your requests and communicating with you;
- Managing your preferences;
- Performing analytics concerning your use of our online services, including your responses to our emails and the pages and advertisements you view;
- Providing you tailored content and marketing messages;
- Operating, evaluating and improving our business (including developing new products and services; improving existing products and services; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
- Complying with and enforcing applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, contractual obligations and our policies; and
- For any other purposes that we may specifically disclose at the time you provide or we collect your information.
- We may also use data that we collect on an aggregate or anonymous basis (such that it does not identify any individual customers) for various business purposes, where permissible under applicable laws and regulations.
Disclosure of Information
We may share the information we collect from and about you with our affiliates and other third parties. For example, we may share your information with:
- Loved Ones Matter third-party service providers;
- Loved Ones Matter affiliated websites and businesses in an effort to bring you improved service across our family of products and services, when permissible under relevant laws and regulations;
- Other companies to bring you co-branded services, products or programs; and
- Where appropriate, we will limit sharing of your information in accordance with the choices you have provided us.
- We may share anonymous or aggregated information with third parties to help deliver products, services, and content that are tailored to the users of our online services and for other purposes.
Understanding Cookies, Web Beacons and Other Tracking Technologies
- “Cookies” are small amounts of data a website can send to a visitor’s web browser. They are often stored on the device you are using to help track your areas of interest. Cookies may also enable us or our service providers and other companies we work with to relate your use of our online services over time to customize your experience. Most web browsers allow you to adjust your browser settings to decline or delete cookies, but doing so may degrade your experience with our online services.
- Clear GIFs, pixel tags or web beacons—which are typically one-pixel, transparent images located on a webpage or in an email or other message—or similar technologies may be used on our sites and in some of our digital communications (such as email or other marketing messages). They may also be used when you are served advertisements, or you otherwise interact with advertisements outside of our online services. These are principally used to help recognize users, assess traffic patterns and measure site or campaign engagement.
- Local Shared Objects, sometimes referred to as “flash cookies” may be stored on your hard drive using a media player or other software installed on your device. Local Shared Objects are like cookies in terms of their operation, but may not be managed in your browser in the same way.
- You will see advertisements when you use many of our online services. These advertisements may be for our own products or services or for products and services offered by third parties that we have partnered with. Which advertisements you see is often determined using the information we or our affiliates, service providers and other companies that we work with have about you, including information about your relationships with. To that end, where permitted by applicable law, we may share with others the information we collect from and about you.
- Online behavioral advertising (also known as “OBA” or “interest-based advertising”) refers to the practice of collecting information from a computer or device regarding a visitor’s web-browsing activities across non-affiliated websites over time to deliver advertisements that may be of interest to that visitor based on their browsing history. Through OBA, we hope to deliver advertisements that are most likely to be of interest to you using information about your other web-browsing activities (e.g., the web pages you visit, search terms you enter, and the way you move through our online services on your computer or device) or your personal profile (e.g., demographic or location information). Certain companies we work with may set cookies and use related tracking technologies, such as the clear GIFs discussed above, throughout our online services or in our communications to support these OBA efforts. If you do not want your information collected and used by the companies we work in tandem with, hit unsubscribe if/when you receive emails from our affiliates.
Linking to Third-Party Websites
- We use reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to protect and limit access to personal information. This includes device safeguards and secured files and buildings.
- Please note that information you send to us electronically may not be secure when it is transmitted to us. We recommend that you do not use unsecure channels to communicate sensitive or confidential information to us.
Updating Your Information
- Keeping your account information up-to-date is very important. You may review, or update certain account information by logging in and accessing the “Customer Center” section. If you cannot change the incorrect information online, or you prefer to request changes offline, please use the Contact Us option on our site, or call or write to us using the contact information listed on our website, records, or other account materials.